WHAT IS BIRTH BOOT CAMP?
- Comprehensive birth, newborn care, & breastfeeding education classes.
- Research-based, complete curriculum.
- Physical and mental preparation for the birth process and early parenting.
- Equips both mom AND their partner to feel prepared for birth.
- Statistics from our classes show low c-section rates and high birth satisfaction rates.
- Developed by experienced childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, lactation consultants, Webster-Certified chiropractors, massage therapists, nutritionists and personal trainers to provide complete and relevant information for couples.
WHAT MAKES BIRTH BOOT CAMP DIFFERENT FROM OTHER BIRTH CLASSES?
- Birth Boot Camp knows every expecting family is unique in their desires and preferences for birth and, therefore, does not teach a singular method for approaching birth.
- Instead, our curriculum presents evidence-based information and teaches a large variety of coping strategies and comfort measures to empower expecting parents to make birth choices that are right for them!
WHICH BIRTH CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN-PERSON?
- Hospital Birth Class – Preparation for birth at the hospital, plus baby care and breastfeeding. Each series meets for 7 weekly sessions.
- Birth Center or Home Birth Class – Preparation for birth at home or at a birth center, plus baby care and breastfeeding. Each series meets for 6 weekly sessions.
- Basic Training: Birth Class In A Day – Preparation for birth, for couples that are extra busy and need a one-and-done class.
- Comfort Measures Workshop – A quick workshop for parents who have taken a previous birth class, but want to review hands-on comfort techniques before their baby arrives.
Hybrid Class Options (online classes w/ virtual instructor support )
- BBC Comprehensive Childbirth Class Series – Preparation for pregnancy, birth, baby care, and breastfeeding. Each series is 10 sessions of recorded online classes + weekly virtual sessions with an instructor
- Homecoming: Life With A New Recruit – Your manual to early parenthood! Also includes an online breastfeeding course taught by an IBCLC.
WHERE DO IN-PERSON CLASSES MEET?
- Our birth classes meet in West Point, UT (Davis County).
- We meet in a comfortable, open class space and encourage couples to dress comfortably, bring snacks, and get to know each other as we prepare for birth together!
We didn’t know fully what to expect when we signed up for this birth class (we chose the 7-week), but it blew us out of the water! We are so thankful we took it and SO glad we were taught by Hanan. She is well-informed and gives you all of the tools you need for a happy, smooth birth — even if it doesn’t go as planned — without forcing you to decide anything one way or another. We feel so much more empowered for ourselves and our baby to make decisions we can be happy with. She also made class fun and engaging – we are kind of sad it’s over! Highly recommend Hanan and this program to anyone having a baby.– Megan M.