If you are planning to have your baby at home or at a freestanding birth center, this class will give you the nuts and bolts of labor.
Learn what happens before, during, and after birth, as well as variations of labor and birth videos of out-of-hospital births. You will also learn comfort measures and relaxation techniques for childbirth.
WHAT TOPICS DOES THIS CLASS COVER?
This class is broken into 2 parts:
In-Person Class Sessions Cover:
- Process of labor & birth
- Preparation for natural birth
- Comfort measures & relaxation
- Labor practice & positions
- Mental & emotional preparation for birth
- Special focus on giving partners tips/tools to feel prepared
- Postpartum care
- Newborn procedures
- Safe sleep options
- Baby wearing
- Disposable & cloth diapering
- Baby comfort & soothing techniques
Online Breastfeeding Course Covers:
- Instructions on how to breastfeed
- Tips on how to properly latch and prevent nursing pain
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting problems
- Returning to work and pumping your milk
- Nursing in public with confidence
- Birth Boot Camp Workbook
- Homecoming: Baby Care & Breastfeeding Workbook
- 6 Class Sessions, including hands-on practice and viewing of birth videos (2.5 hours each)
- Breastfeeding course (3.5 hours) to be viewed at home
- Access to lending library of books and DVDs
See class schedule here, or contact me to schedule a date/time. $50 non-refundable deposit required to secure spot and order class materials.
DEPOSIT – Birth Center or Home Birth Class