What Is A Birth Doula?
A trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the birthing person before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
The term “doula” comes from a Greek word meaning “to serve”. Birth doulas serve and support expectant women/people, and their partners and families with the emotional and physical aspects of childbirth.
Doulas can also assist families in getting information to make the very best healthcare decisions for themselves and their families.
Why Hire Hanan?
I specialize in births in and out of the hospital, medicated and unmedicated! My support to you is 100% unbiased. I am there to remind you what your options are, what your goals are, to suggest laboring positions and provide tools for more comfort, and to help partners be more involved.
I am a certified birth doula and have supported dozens of families both in pregnancy and in birth.
I will respect your birth desires and wishes. You will feel 100% comfortable and at ease with me in this very vulnerable space – even if there’s an “F” bomb, or poop! 😆 I value myself as a judgement-free friend and will provide the best possible support for you and your baby. Anything that is important to you, is important to me too!
- 1-2 planning sessions reviewing your prenatal preparation for labor & delivery, your goals, expectations, concerns, and your birth and postpartum plans.
- $100 OFF the Comprehensive Birth Class Series or Basic Training 1-Day Class – perfect for new parents OR $75 OFF the Refresher Birth Class
- unlimited phone, text and email support during pregnancy
- access to lending library of books + a tens unit at 37 weeks to use during early labor
- 24/7 on call support/availability from 37 weeks until the birth of your baby – yes, even if it’s 2am when labor begins
- on call back-up doula – my clients receive exceptional care no matter the circumstance
- continued support, encouragement and labor assistance during the birth of your child and immediately after
- two postpartum visits – to offer any support in newborn care, feeding, provide resources, or emotional support as desired (scheduled at your convenience)
- 50% OFF belly binding, done at your postpartum visit
- postpartum and feeding support via phone or text until 6 weeks postpartum
While I believe that it is not truly my story to tell, I am drawn to helping families create a visual birth story of the absolute beauty, rawness, and detail that is unique to your story. Something you can truly cherish for decades to come!
Often times, you become so deep into “labor-land”, that it’s easy to forget, or even notice the little details. Like how your partner supported you, how you moved, or the intense emotions of the birth itself.
Remember, you can always delete photos…but you can not go back and recreate these precious memories!
My Birth Photography Package Includes:
- an initial consultation – let’s meet & discuss what is most important to you!
- 24/7 on call availability from 37 weeks until the birth of your baby – yes, even if it’s 2am when labor begins
- on call back-up photographer – my clients receive exceptional care no matter the circumstance
- labor and birth coverage through 2 hours after birth
- a few sneak peek images sent within 48 hours of the birth – to share with family and friends
- fully edited images delivered through an online password protected gallery within 2-3 weeks after the birth
I feel honored every time a family invites me into their birth space. There, is where I use my extensive knowledge about birth, my compassion towards this new journey, and my joy of serving others to truly care for you and your partner. While being your doula will be my first role, I also believe that families should absolutely have the opportunity to remember and cherish this once-in a-lifetime moment of your baby’s birth. It’s simple…
While I’m already supporting you at your birth, let me also help you create a visual birth story for you to treasure forever!
Please note, because of the level of support I provide my doula clients, I only take on limited amount of clients each month. If you would like to schedule a free consultation to see if we are a perfect match, please do get in touch!
Payment plan options are available! Discount is also available for military families and repeat clients.
learn more about Hanan
“Having Hanan at our birth was like having your best friend, mom, sister and birth coach all wrapped up into one. We were also lucky enough to take the Birth Boot Camp course she offers and we had the best experience all the way through. Hanan is so easy to talk to and makes you feel so seen and heard. She will be at all of my births in the future. We love Hanan!”– Samantha B.