Well, hello there!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am Hanan (pronounced Huh-non).
- a Birth Boot Camp certified birth doula and childbirth instructor
- a Birth Becomes You certified birth photographer
- basically a birth nerd that has always loved serving others – and in my career that is during pregnancy, birth, or postpartum. More often than not, it’s a combination of those.
I want you to have the necessary information and available resources and support, to help you make informed yet personal decisions and have the best pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience possible.
When not at, or talking about births, I mostly enjoy spending time with my husband (the gamer), our four crazy kids (from 15 to 8), and our four furry kids (two dogs and two cats) Our home is truly full of love and complete chaos! The other times, I’m just chilling in my bed binging Netflix or scrolling on my phone.
My first two kids were more text-book medicated births in the hospital with doctors. Mostly because we were super young and knew NOTHING. We had no idea you could take a birth class, and definitely didn’t know what a doula was.
While they weren’t what some would consider traumatic births, I didn’t feel fulfilled at that point.
Sometime after my second child was born, something in me begged for a different birth experience for the next one. I ended up watching The Business of Being Born, and just knew that a water birth was exactly what I wanted to do. So…
My last two were born at home, in the water, with two different, but both wonderful sets of midwives.
Little did I know then, that my love and appreciation for birth would actually lead me to what I do now.
Even though we were done with our own children, in 2019 I had a cesarean birth, to give birth to twin babies for a wonderful couple from China, as their gestational surrogate.
Then in February 2022, I had a VBAC birth as another surrogate, for two amazing dads from France. You can read his birth story story HERE.
I have loved every one of my labors, even though they were all so different, for their own unique parts.
Why Choose Me?
My responsibility to you, either as your doula, photographer, or educator (and maybe even a combination of those!) will be to educate, motivate and support you both physically and emotionally. Get to know you, befriend you, and care for you through this crazy and intense journey!
you, your goals, your wishes, your partner, and your birth space – and truly help you create a birth that will be treasured forever!
Even if your goals or wishes change, that’s totally ok! Birth has many paths!
Fun Facts About Me
- I’m the Head of Marketing and Social Media for Birth Boot Camp Headquarters.
- I occasionally substitute teach at my kids’ school. Ask me who’s easier to teach, kids or adults. 😉
- I love art, crafts, painting or creating whatever – just hate the mess after!
- I definitely overuse “awesome” and emojis =)
- You may think I’m a geriatric millennial, but really I’m just a 90’s kid…
- I have lots of tattoos, and am planning lots more! I want to be covered in flowers one day!
- I attended MOPs (mothers of preschoolers) for over a decade, when my kids were little. I highly recommend finding a similar group to connect with other parents.
- I now help run a Positive Birth Circle of Weber/Davis County (every 2nd Tuesday, 7pm @ the Clearfield Public Library) Come join us!!
- In case you’re wondering my favorite drink is an iced coffee or flavored water with pebble ice. Basically, just give me a coffee IV and maybe throw some iron in it?? 😉
- We support our local pizza place at least once a week. Try the white sauce instead of red at Marco’s – delicious!
- I grew up in the Pacific NW. Let’s go 12s!
- My favorite childhood movie is The Neverending Story. I’m a little worried what a remake would look like…
- I breastfed a total of 67 months between my four kids. SO MUCH WORK!
Want to ask me some more questions?! Contact me! I’m an open book.